lundi 4 juillet 2016

Queen Mother revealed to be a lively and caring teenager in touching letters

Queen Mother revealed to be a lively and caring teenager in touching letters written to wounded soldier read the full story: http://bit.ly/29ehVwy touching letters written by the Queen Mother to a wounded solider she helped care for during World War I will go up for auction next month. The handwritten cards, addressed to Private James Harding, show King George V's future wife to be a warm and generous teenager, who would play cards with the men as they recuperated at her family home, Glamis Castle, when it served as a military hospital. In the six letters, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, as she was then, recalls games she used to play with Private Harding and his fellow soldiers, and also include poems and photographs – "I'm so glad you like the photo, personally I think it's dreadful!" she commented on one portrait she sent.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire